Wednesday, February 16, 2005

 

back to brazil

Enough for now with the heavy politics. My friend Mariamma just dumped a bunch of pictures on me so here are some to share. First off are pictures of the Festival de Yemanjá, the mother/ocean godess in the Candomblé pantheon. This festival involves throwing flowers into the ocean. It is a very beautiful festival, but I opted out because this year it happened to fall on the day after the Forum and the day before Carnaval. I sat at home with the lights off and tried to recover my energies. Luckily though, Mariamma took pictures for you all.

There are also pictures of a cool community recycling program I know nothing about, the area around Lençois which I went to but neglected to take a camera, and the Lavagem do Bonfim, which is another festival which happened in January.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


judo