Wednesday, May 04, 2005

 

blogging back from the dead

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. The coffin lid swings slowly open, and one emaciated hand, its flesh greened and decaying, reaches out into the darkness... grasping toward... the keyboard!

I'm currently listening to Michael Jackson's Thriller, and recently read Dan Savage's advice to a zombie fetishist, if that's any explanation. Also, I'm returning to blogging.

Why the no blogging? (You might ask, if anyone is still coming here, which is doubtful.) Well, I've got a simple explanation: no internet. I moved to a new city, and took a trip to the States, and it wasn't until this week that I got internet connected at my new apartment. Sure I frequented the odd internet café, and sponged access off a friend or two, but it just wasn't the same. I need to be in my pajamas to blog. And they look at you weird if you wear them at the public library terminals.

The short summary of my life is that I am now pleasantly ensconced in Rio de Janeiro, in the swank neighborhood of Ipanema, and am working at Viva Cred, an NGO that is Rio's largest microlender. I have been here about a month now, subtracting out my US trip, and I am enjoying myself. Still working on building up a friend base, as everyone I knew I left behind in Salvador. But all together, things are good. Good. Now begins the process of unpacking leftovers from the last couple months...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


judo